Friday 11 November 2011

Roll up, Roll up, for ya regular radical read the RAmPAGES...

Saturday was such an inspiring day and every one had worked so hard to make it a success that Sunday was all about chilling in bed, eating yummy food and taking it easy. I had a meeting on Monday morning with Oaklands Community Care about a new job doing 10 hours a week working with my man BP and then I spent the rest of the day helping to tidy up the house whilst preparing for my job interview with the Lyric Lounge which was the next day. My dearest friend RR was feeling down about a few things that had not gone so well that day so I tried to cheer her up before hitting the sack and visualising a successful job interview. I got up bright and breezy and arrived in Notts half an hour early for the interview. I was rehearsing a piece that I was going to perform. I was going to ask them to think about what they thought was the point of the word, the spoken word and then ask them to imagine that they were a super hero who had a magic power which enabled them to plant a single idea into everyone's heads. What would that idea be? If you had to boil it down to the single most important word, what would that word be? Anyway, it was part of a wider presentation but they didn't ask me to perform in the end, which I thought was a shame. The interview went quite well but the standard was so high that I'm not going to hold my breathe about getting the post. If I do it'd be great but if I don't I'll just crack on and try to learn something from it.

In the afternoon I had an awesome meeting with the RamPAGES collective regarding the distribution of the newsletter before meeting with RR to help plan her workshop on Human Rights before heading home to spend the evening eating an amazing meal prepared by SR and CD. The next day myself, RR and PS went to Derby Uni to do a a Global Education Derby, City-ZEn, Swap Derby, RamPAGES and City-Zine stall as a part of the volunteers fare. It was really positive and loads of interest was shown by different students. I also managed to hand out about 100 copies of the RamPAGES whilst experimenting with different ways to engage people by saying different things about what it actually is. “Derby people  taking action against the spending cuts” seemed to gain the most engagement which is a great sign. That evening we had a City-Zen meeting at Forman Street studios with RR, AR, PS, TK, SJ, DL and BJ. We reflected on the amazing event that had taken place and discussed how it could be improved before agreeing to do another one on Saturday November 26th which is Buy Nothing Day although we're calling it Shop Less, Share More, City-Zen. This shall be followed by another on Saturday December 3rd. We'll look forward to seeing you there. X

No comments:

Post a Comment